Drones have revolutionized industries, especially when it comes to carrying out inspections, studies and responding to emergencies. But why so much? In IGNOUS we tell you about it.
Why drones for these jobs?
If there is one thing in which RPAS are useful, it’s to reduce the work required for an activity. Thanks to the possibility of obtaining aerial images and videos, especially in study areas, drones are a fundamental tool for project planning.
On the other hand, the adaptation capacity of drones, allows their effectiveness to be total. In this way, much faster and more detailed advances are achieved.
In other words, thanks to these devices you can:
- Decrease time in inspection tasks.
- Reduce the associated costs.
- Identify risks in the work area.
- Identify areas of difficult access.
- Carry out field studies (topography, photogrammetry and orthophotography).
- Carry out studies of structures with thermography.
- High level of audiovisual records.
Chile is a country where this type of solutions have gained space within the industrial and mining market, which is why many companies have begun to contract this type of services. That’s why it’s necessary to be informed about the experience and level of those who perform this work, to achieve the expected results.
In IGNOUS we deliver services with drones of…
- Inspection and maintenance: Whether it’s for power lines, wind or solar farms, our team is trained to conduct land surveys and planning. In addition, we have inspections of power lines to determine their current state and the problems that could arise.
- Prevention and investigation of forest fires: Through inspections of risk determination, satellite monitoring and Cause Determination brigades, we have managed to generate a complete system to anticipate this type of accidents and detect the initial foci.
- Surface Studies: Our service achieves highly useful aerial images, as it manages to reach areas of difficult access or considered as dangerous, in addition to allowing a fully programmable flight control to the user’s needs. In this way and through topology, photogrammetry and/or orthophotography, we obtain exact results for a correct planning both in mining and in agriculture.
- Safety: The technical and human equipment that we have provides quality services when handling drones to integrate tasks of analysis and data collection for the prevention of crime. This has led us to work, for example, in the citizen security plan of the Autofagasta Region and the Peñalolén commune, obtaining excellent results.